Susan Z. Cohen
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Criminal Law
- Juvenile Crimes
- Traffic Violations
Ms. Cohen's primary area of practice includes General and Complex Criminal Litigation with a heavy emphasis on DUI criminal defense and DUI administrative hearings, including DUI post conviction and appellate work. She has previously served on a Grievance Committee for the Florida Bar and is a new member of the Florida Bar’s Juvenile Rules Committee. Ms. Cohen also serves as Treasurer for the Northeast Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorney’s.
Ms. Cohen completed her undergraduate degree at University of Florida in 1977. She majored in Criminal Justice. She was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and the Savant Math Honors group. Ms. Cohen obtained her Juris Doctorate with Honors from the University of Florida College of Law in 1985.
Prior to joining Epstein & Robbins in August of 2000, Ms. Cohen worked for the State Attorney's Office in Jacksonville, Florida 1996-2000. Prior to that she worked as an Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney in Roanoke County, Va. from 1994-1996. While in Virginia she also worked for Lumsden, Overstreet & Hanson in Roanoke. She began her legal career in the State Attorney's office in Gainesville, Florida from 1985-1990.
Ms. Cohen currently resides in Jacksonville, Florida with her husband. Ms. Cohen has three grown children and serves on the Boards of River Garden and The Coves.
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 1985
- Honors: With Honors
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.A. - 1977
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Florida, 1985
- Virginia, 1991
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers’ “DUI Gladiator” award, 2017
Classes & Seminars
- Seminar/CLE, Lorman
- Seminar/CLE, The Florida Bar
- Fourth Circuit Office of the State Attorney, Assistant State Attorney, 1996 to 2000
- Roanoke County, Commonwealth's Attorney, Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney, 1994 to 1996
- Lumsden Overstreet & Hanson, Associate, 1991 to 1994
- Eighth Circuit Office of the State Attorney, Assistant State Attorney, 1985 to 1990
Fraternities or Sororities
- Alpha Epsilon Phi
- Jacksonville Bar Association
Current Employment Position